some checks just stopped working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
JohnFLi

some checks just stopped working

Post by JohnFLi »

I have a machine that checks a few items....nothing special or odd.
CPU usage, hard drive space, memory usage, uptime and seeing if a service is running. been working just fine for years.

I rebooted that machine this morning, (normally happens once a months, so no big deal)
Now, 2 of the checks are failing.

the one checking the service is running
connect to address <servername> and port 12489: Connection refused

and uptime
(No output on stdout) stderr: connect to address <ip address> port 5666: Connection refused

I have restarted the windows service a few times, no change.

ANy ideas?
Everybody is somebody else’s weirdo
veloid1

Re: some checks just stopped working

Post by veloid1 »

Hello, it sounds like a reboot might have caused some issues. Have you tried relaunching some of the services? KB article Here.

Let me know if this helps, Thanks!
Vadmin
bbahn

Re: some checks just stopped working

Post by bbahn »

Seeing that you restarted the windows service, is this a machine running NCPA?

There are many things that can cause connection errors. Have you tried ensuring that each machine is connected to the network? You can start diagnosing whether the machines can reach each other over your network by pinging one machine from another

Code: Select all

ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address of the other machine.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.