Nagios LS Audit Log stuck jobs

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
dsglv

Nagios LS Audit Log stuck jobs

Post by dsglv »

Hi,

I've recently installed Nagios LS 2.1.15 and I'm constantly receiving "Found stuck jobs! Reset 1 jobs" and just after that "Finished running command: run alerts" on the Audit logs. This happens once every minute. Can't find any information on what job is or how to unlock it.

Any idea what can I check?

Thanks.
dsglv

Re: Nagios LS Audit Log stuck jobs

Post by dsglv »

The Command subsystem shows the "run_update_check" running and never finished. I believe this is because is looking for an internet connection but this server is isolated without internet.

I can't see any option to stop the job.

I have disabled the "check for updates" at the admin page but the job is still and "reset all jobs" at the command subsystem, but the job is still running every minute.

Any help how to stop it and maybe disable/delete it?

Thanks.
jsimon

Re: Nagios LS Audit Log stuck jobs

Post by jsimon »

Hi dsglv,

Our recommendation is that you install your Nagios Log Server on a server with internet access and then move the server offline after installation. For an offline Nagios LS implementation, you can use a proxy server to connect your LS server to the internet for update checks and related tasks. Documentation for this can be provided here:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Server.pdf

Once this is set up you may be able to clear these stuck jobs by simply restarting your server with the proxy in place to check for updates. In general however, we are not able to provide support for a server if we are not able to replicate the issue with a standard online install.

Hopefully this is helpful, please let us know if we can provide further assistance in supported areas.