Wrong disk size reported by check_snmp_storage

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
scuit

Wrong disk size reported by check_snmp_storage

Post by scuit »

I just migrated my installation to a the a new OVA deployment on 5.11.2

Four of my files servers which had their hard drive size increased a while back are reporting the wrong total size via snmp check and reporting 108% full which is wrong.
The drives are sized at 9TB, also on the previous Nagios server these were reporting correct size.
I've tried deleting and re-adding these with no success.

Command output:
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_storage.pl -H lag-fs02.scucorp.scu.mb.ca -C public --v2c -m ^D: -w 90 -c 95 -f
D:\ Label: Serial Number f6931a30: 108%used(7955505MB/7340048MB) (>95%) : CRITICAL | 'D:\_Label:__Serial_Number_f6931a30'=7955505MB;6606043;6973046;0;7340048

Any tips on troubleshooting this?

Thank you
bbahn

Re: Wrong disk size reported by check_snmp_storage

Post by bbahn »

Hello scuit,

Can you tell me what version the old Nagios XI server was? It appears the script in question has not been changed in many years, so it is unlikely that the script is the source of the issue. Have you checked to make sure that the command is identical between your old and new Nagios XI servers?

If you haven't tested the script from the command line, I would test it there using the same options as are used in your command to see whether the issue lies with XI or if the issue lies somewhere in or before the script.

If the output is still broken, then we will know that the issue lies either with the script or the SNMP itself.

You should be able to check the raw SNMP data with this:

Code: Select all

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public lag-fs02.scucorp.scu.mb.ca .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1
to verify that the SNMP data is correct - Note you may need to install the net-snmp-utils or snmp packages to use snmpwalk

Please do respond with what you find.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

The check_snmp_storage.pl plugin was probably updated to a newer version that supported drives larger than 2 Terabytes and when XI was updated, the plugin was reverted back to an older version.
Here is a link for an updated plugin that functions for larger drives.
https://github.com/dnsmichi/manubulon-s ... storage.pl

Download it and overwrite the copy in the /usr/local/nagios/libexec folder and the next time the check runs, it should report the correct data.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
scuit

Post by scuit »

I replaced the plugin with this new version and indeed the issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your help!