i can't start services Nagios on Nagios Log Server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
chiennguyen

i can't start services Nagios on Nagios Log Server

Post by chiennguyen »

Please help me! :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swolf
Developer

Re: i can't start services Nagios on Nagios Log Server

Post by swolf »

Hi @chiennguyen,

Running multiple products on the same VM is not supported - you will want to run Nagios Core/Nagios XI on a separate server from Nagios Log Server. In addition, I would recommend reverting to your latest snapshot before you installed both products.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
chiennguyen

Post by chiennguyen »

i just installed Nagios Log Server on 1 Virtual machine :D
But can't start nagios service.
I am very worried
Gots1944

Post by Gots1944 »

Geometry Dash World
chiennguyen wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:43 am i just installed Nagios Log Server on 1 Virtual machine :D
I am very worried
Use the appropriate command or tool to check the status of the Nagios service. For example, on a Linux system, you can use the command systemctl status nagios or service nagios status to see if the service is running or if there are any error messages.
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

There is no nagios service on NLS. NLS runs off of logstash, elasticsearch, and httpd. So the questions why is a nagios service, unrelated to NLS set to start. This was mentioned above so no new info here.
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

kg2857 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:28 am There is no nagios service on NLS. NLS runs off of logstash, elasticsearch, and httpd. So the questions why is a nagios service, unrelated to NLS set to start. This was mentioned above so no new info here.
That would be indicative of both Nagios and Nagios Log Server installations on the same system, which isn't supported.
chiennguyen wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:43 am i just installed Nagios Log Server on 1 Virtual machine :D
I am very worried
You needn't worry. nagios.service is part of Nagios Core, and again shouldn't be running on the same system as NLS as it isn't supported.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Jason