New STMP Server: Nagios Users Get Alerts, Contacts Cannot

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
tcp82

New STMP Server: Nagios Users Get Alerts, Contacts Cannot

Post by tcp82 »

Hi, we migrated to a new STMP server and only nagios users are now getting email alerts. Contacts are no longer getting email alerts.

I can see in the following log...

Code: Select all

/var/log/maillog  
Sometimes getting a bounce back from the OLD smtp server to my OLD nagios sender email address saying "Access denied. Your IP is not registered" This would make sense because the team at my company who manages the OLD smtp server have long since removed my Nagios XI server's IP from the allowed list.

I understand Nagios Users and Contacts are different, but why would they use different smtp config settings!?
jsimon

Re: New STMP Server: Nagios Users Get Alerts, Contacts Cannot

Post by jsimon »

Hi @tcp82,

Basically, there are two different commands within Nagios Core that handle sending notifications, so if you have only updated the command that sends them for Contacts, the one for Users would also need to be updated. That's most likely the cause of the different smtp config settings that you're running into. The command for notifying Contacts would be "notify-host-by-email".

Please let us know if you need any more relevant information or if this isn't helpful in resolving your issue!