I can't ping idrac from my nagios server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
MGPS

I can't ping idrac from my nagios server

Post by MGPS »

Hi,

I am having a major problem with my Nagios server.
It is impossible to ping the iDrac, the server only responds after several minutes.
However, if I ping a Windows or Linux server, it is OK.
Do you know where the problem could be coming from?

Thanks in advance
bbahn

Re: I can't ping idrac from my nagios server

Post by bbahn »

Hello MGPS,

There are many reasons why your server might be taking a long time to ping your iDrac server. For example:
  1. Your network configuration: the difference in network configuration could affect your ping time between servers, though a difference of several minutes is highly unusual
  2. Your iDrac's network configuration is incorrect: If you have an incorrect gateway or DNS setting, it can lead to delays.
  3. You need to update your iDrac server's firmware: If your firmware is outdated, this can lead to many issues.
  4. Resource constraints: If your iDrac server is handling many requests, it could lead to delays in its responses.
  5. Power saving mode: If your server is in power saving mode or standby mode it may affect the responsiveness of your server.
  6. Network failure: if something is wrong with your network, it could cause delays or failures in network transmission
  7. Firewall/Security settings: it's possible that traffic from an iDrac server is being handled differently, but a difference of several minutes seems unlikely to me.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.