Announcing a modern alternate Nagios Core Frontend - VShell 3.x

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
scottchiefbaker

Announcing a modern alternate Nagios Core Frontend - VShell 3.x

Post by scottchiefbaker »

I wanted a modern mobile friendly Nagios frontend that's easily extensible and fast. Using VShell 1.x as a base I completely rewrote the entire thing from the ground up and my fork is the result. We have almost 700 services/hosts and it renders in less than 20ms on modern hardware (about twice as fast as the previous VShell). The web interface is responsive and renders well on mobile (cell and tablet) as well as full width desktops.

I have been using it as my primary Nagios web interface for 6+ months now and it's been fantastic. I can't even use the stock Nagios interface anymore :). Requirements are very simple: PHP 7.4+ and Nagios Core installed and configured. Special care was taken to make installation very simple. If you have an existing installation of Nagios Core getting VShell 3.x installed on top of it should take about 60 seconds.

I plan to continue development on my GitHub repo as features and needs arise. I just need to get word out to the Nagios community that it's available so people can test and make suggestions.
swolf
Developer

Re: Announcing a modern alternate Nagios Core Frontend - VShell 3.x

Post by swolf »

Hey @scottchiefbaker, that's awesome to hear! I'm excited to see where this project goes.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
DL72-Alpha

Post by DL72-Alpha »

This looks quite pretty,

But I noticed that clicking on anything in reports or commands takes me to an Url that is not my own. I almost entered my credentials but checked the domain.

Clicking anything there prompts me for my credentials at nagios.web-ster.com.

That'd be important to fix. If anyone else is testing this, do so in a sandbox.
DL72-Alpha

Post by DL72-Alpha »

I found the issue in lines 53 through 58, and 78 through 84. You posted an url instead of {$global.core_url}

I can post a PR tomorrow if you like.

File:
vshell/tpls/top_nav.stpl
Last edited by DL72-Alpha on Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.