DellEMC OpenManage plugin wizard not working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
sbourque

DellEMC OpenManage plugin wizard not working

Post by sbourque »

I am using the latest version of the DellEMC Openmanage plugin v3.2 and the wizard fails to connect to any systems on my network. All pre-flight checks are satisfied in the wizard's first page but always fails with the error "None of the IP addresses are reachable."

I also get this PHP error - Notice: Undefined variable: sel_host in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/configwizards/Dell_EMC_OM_NagiosXI_monitoring_wizard/Dell_EMC_OM_NagiosXI_monitoring_wizard.inc.php on line 1105

The Nagios XI system is on Redhat v8.9 and the Nagios version is at 5.11.x

Manually running the actual DellEMC plugins from the shell works as expected without error so it appears to be an issue with the plugin wizard.
jmichaelson

Re: DellEMC OpenManage plugin wizard not working

Post by jmichaelson »

The OpenManage plugin is a 3rd party add-on supplied and maintained by Dell. I'm afraid you'll have to contact them for support of this plugin.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Jason
sbourque

Post by sbourque »

Dell suggested to post here for support. If you're not going to offer any help please delete this thread.
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

Unfortunately, since it is supplied by Dell, we at Nagios can't help with it. I'll leave the thread open in the event that another community member can assist.

-Jason
bofjvwn439

Post by bofjvwn439 »

I am using the latest version of the DellEMC Openmanage plugin v3.2 and the wizard fails to connect to any systems on my network. retro bowl college
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

That makes me wonder if you can revert to a previous version of the wizard from Dell.

-Jason
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

Use the shell and define a service manually. Wizards make services rather badly so while they're a good learning tool, they aren't good for defining generalized services. Learn about how nagios is supposed to work, and don't depend on wizards.

Use templates and hostgroups to generalize services so they can be used on multiple hosts and allow general changes to be made to those multiple hosts.

It's important to learn about the design of nagios to understand the concept, which wizards try to obscure (not really but they make things too foolishly easy, but hard in the end).
sbourque

Post by sbourque »

jmichaelson wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:21 pm That makes me wonder if you can revert to a previous version of the wizard from Dell.
I tried reverting back to v3.1 and still having the same issue.
sbourque

Post by sbourque »

kg2857 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:17 am Use the shell and define a service manually. Wizards make services rather badly so while they're a good learning tool, they aren't good for defining generalized services. Learn about how nagios is supposed to work, and don't depend on wizards.

Use templates and hostgroups to generalize services so they can be used on multiple hosts and allow general changes to be made to those multiple hosts.

It's important to learn about the design of nagios to understand the concept, which wizards try to obscure (not really but they make things too foolishly easy, but hard in the end).
The whole point of XI is using the built in tools and wizards to save time. I've used core for years and fully understand how everything works on the backend. This plugin saves a ton of time adding these checks in when it is working correctly and has been valuable over the years, otherwise I would have gone another route already.
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

This makes me wonder if there are new firewall issues, or if something changed from http to https for monitoring or something along those lines. Again, as this is a Dell-maintained wizard, we're unable to provide assistance with the contents of it, but these are just general things to try.

What does the actual service configuration look like in Nagios Core from a point when the wizard did work to connect to the systems, versus what it looks like now (if it even gets created)?

-Jason