Cisco Insight UCS

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
delboy1966

Cisco Insight UCS

Post by delboy1966 »

Our company is installing new Cisco UCS boxes to replace the old ones.

The current ones we can monitor stuff like faults using the API, via username/password authenticaiton via a curl command, obtain a cookie and then use that cookie in our next request to query the faults.

However, the new UCS boxes are part of Cisco Insight, which also has APIs, but uses an API Key and API Secret. No matter how I format the curl query, passing the API Key and Secret in different ways:

-d '{"INTERSIGHT_API_KEY_ID": "$api,key","INTERSIGHT_API_PRIVATE_KEY": "$secret"}'

--header '"INTERSIGHT_API_KEY_ID": "$api,key"' --header '"INTERSIGHT_API_PRIVATE_KEY": "$secret"'

I get various errors:

<an-error reason="NotFoundDescription" reason-type="NotFound" is-user-logged-in="false"></an-error>

Request not handled by Combatant

Has anyone been able to monitor new UCS boxes via Cisco Insight?
ajcoil

Re: Cisco Insight UCS

Post by ajcoil »

Hi @delboy1966,

Thank you for reaching out.

After doing a quick search for authentication issue with the Cisco UCS boxes, I would recommend making sure they are configured properly to allow requests.

If you are still having issues feel free to reach out!