DUO plugin update

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
lucas.demol

DUO plugin update

Post by lucas.demol »

Hi All,

We are receiving notification from Cisco that we have to update the plugin from Cisco DUO MFA towards the new universal plugin. Currently, we are not able to perform the update on Cisco side as an update on application side is required.

Is there any plan on a new update of the plugin to support the new Cisco DUO Universal prompt? -> https://duo.com/docs/universal-prompt-update-guide

Just checked for updates and our installation is currently using the latest version of the plugin
sgardil

Re: DUO plugin update

Post by sgardil »

Hey @lucas.demol

I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Are you saying that if you update your cisco device with the new MFA process that our plugins will no longer monitor your cisco devices?
lucas.demol

Post by lucas.demol »

Hi,
No. In the Cisco DUO portal (cloud portal) we have to let DUO use there new universal prompt. For other services that we have connected to our DUO portal, we already were able to let Cisco use the new prompt.
For our Nagios XI installation, we are currently not able to activate it as the prereqs are not met. Following changes should be implemented in the plugin before we are able to activate the new prompt: https://duo.com/docs/universal-prompt-u ... sal-prompt
If we do not activate the new prompt before march 2024, we will no longer be able to make use of Cisco DUO for having MFA security on our Nagios XI installation.

So it's the plugin that's integrated in Nagios XI, to have a mfa secured login into Nagios XI itself that needs an update
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

Lucas,

I've created an enhancement request in our ticketing system. That said, I cannot promise a timeframe to update right now.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
winglingerie

Post by winglingerie »

cnorell wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:35 pm Lucas, eggy car

I've created an enhancement request in our ticketing system. That said, I cannot promise a timeframe to update right now.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
Thanks for the response, I'll learn more about it. :roll:
lucas.demol

Post by lucas.demol »

Hi Cory,

DoubleDoubleA

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

Hi Lucas,

I'm taking a look at the XI Duo Component. Quick question, may I ask, what version of PHP is your XI on?

Thanks,

Aaron

@lucas.demol
DoubleDoubleA

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

Hi @lucas.demol,

Without any code changes from the DUO component version 1.1.1, which we ship with XI, I am able to get a Universal Prompt from DUO.

This is on an XI version 2024R1.0.1 OVA running Centos Stream 9, with php 8.

Please check your XI's php version, if it is less than 7.3, DUO Web SDK does not support that.

Let me know, thanks.

Aaron