Manage other user dashboard

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vtcedu

Manage other user dashboard

Post by vtcedu »

Hi,
I'm using admin right to login NagiosXI 5.5.8 but no import option in Dashboard Tools only see clone, edit and remove. how can I manage other user dashboard, such as I can see other user dashboard in my dashboard.
Ricky
kg2857

Re: Manage other user dashboard

Post by kg2857 »

Nagiosadmin can manage any dashboard.
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

Hey @vctedu

To go alongside with what kg2857 said, you can navigate to the manage users section under admin. In there you can masquerade as a user and see exactly what they see. Hope this helps and if you have any further questions feel free to reach out.
xjerry1288

Post by xjerry1288 »

Hello Ricky!

If you are an admin user, you can manage other user dashboards in NagiosXI 5.5.8. To do so, you can follow these steps download lagu:
  1. Click on the Dashboard Tools menu.
  2. Click on Manage My Dashboards.
  3. You will see a list of all your dashboards. Click on the Clone button next to the dashboard you want to manage.
  4. A new dashboard will be created with the same name as the original dashboard. Click on the Edit button next to the new dashboard.
  5. You can now edit the new dashboard and add any dashlets you want to it.
  6. Once you have added the dashlets, click on the Deploy Dashboards button to deploy the new dashboard to other users.
Please note that you can only deploy dashboards to other users if you are an admin user. I hope this helps you Ricky! :D
vtcedu

Post by vtcedu »

Hi,

Thanks all replies, I can manage the dashboard, one more things what is the option "Keep Synced" in dashboard mean ?

Ricky
kvang

Post by kvang »

Hi vtcedu,

"Keep Synced" means to sync each user's dashboard with your dashboard. Meaning when you change your dashboard, your user's dashboard should reflect the same changes you made on your dashboard. Hope this helps!