NagiosXI O.S. - Ubuntu linux upgrade issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
eugene.garcia

NagiosXI O.S. - Ubuntu linux upgrade issue

Post by eugene.garcia »

Hi,

I hope someone can help me on this one.

I'm trying to upgrade the ubuntu Linux version from 20.04 LTS to 22.04.3 LTS.
However, after the upgrade the apache2 service is not running and unable to access the Nagios URL.
Also, I've tried to install a fresh ubuntu O.S. 22.04.3 then restore the backup of NagiosXI from Ubuntu 20.04. But the restore script is not working.

Thanks in advance!!!
jsimon

Re: NagiosXI O.S. - Ubuntu linux upgrade issue

Post by jsimon »

Hi @eugene.garcia,

We do not generally recommend or support an in place OS upgrade for servers running our products. Your steps for a backup restore sound correct, but since you're running into issues I've linked a guide that we provide for this. I would ensure that you're following these steps. Can you advise what errors you're encountering with the restore script, for further troubleshooting?

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
eugene.garcia

Post by eugene.garcia »

Hi Jsimon,

Thank you for your help and prompt response.
The restoration is now complete (Resolution: Version compatibility)

However, after the restore of backup in the updated version of Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS.
We have encountered these 2 errors.
Note: The script to repair the architecture/family is already executed.

Windows Server 2003.
(No output on stdout) stderr: Can't locate DateTime.pm in @INC (you may need to install the DateTime module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/nagios/libexec /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34 /usr/share/perl/5.34 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_wmi_plus.pl line 57.

SNMP Device - Plugin timeout while executing system call

Thanks in advance!
Eugene
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

I'm not sure I'm clear on the error you're encountering, so I'm hoping to clear up some questions to make the next steps more clear. Are you seeing this error in the output of the restore script, or in your server logs on the running/restored XI server? What is the significance of "Windows Server 2003" before the stderr message you're linking? Are these hosts you are monitoring experiencing these bugs, or the XI server itself?

Ultimately it looks like you are missing a Perl module called DateTime but the method to get that installed in the proper place or linked to where it needs to be will vary depending on the system it is missing on. I don't see this module in my own XI servers so I'm wondering where this is coming from.
eugene.garcia

Post by eugene.garcia »

Hi Jsimon,

I do apologize for confusion. Were seeing these logs from NagiosXI alert view.
for Windows Server 2003 - it is a time and date module
for SNMP monitoring - Plugin timeout while executing system call

Other similar operating system or SNMP - doesn't have this issue.

Again, thank you for help!

Regards,
Eugene
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

It sounds like you're doing agentless SNMP monitoring for this Windows server, is that correct? It would be helpful to see the check commands for these hosts:

Configure > Core Config Manager > Monitoring > Services > [this service] > Run Check Command > Then [Run Check Command] in the dialogue box, get the command and response

Please feel free to redact the IP for this or anything else that is sensitive.