features needed

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ahmed99

features needed

Post by ahmed99 »

Hello,

I'm interested in the Nagios Core solution. I understand that the solution provides hardware monitoring.
I wanted to know if the Nagios Core solution also offers monitoring for the following elements:

Web Applications (internal IS and SaaS IS) (Access time to the service, definition of business actions, transactional errors, response time, incidents on plugins, etc.)
Software installed on workstations (examples: Loading time, errors, CPU and memory usage. For the Office suite, a more detailed view (email opening time, waiting time for sending, opening time for encrypted emails, opening time for the calendar, opening time for Teams, display time for Teams, etc.)
Operating System (examples: crashes, blue screens, driver issues)
Antivirus, EDR (examples: Impact of the process on equipment load)
Filers (examples: Network drives, OneDrive)
Equipment startup (Example: including details up to the end of session loading as well as user-initiated shutdowns "button")
I wanted to know if the Nagios Core solution also offers a push system for information and user feedback, meaning via pop-up or toast integrated into the agent for launching targeted user feedback campaigns or for pushing in case of application incident on a particular user profile.

Thank you.
bbahn

Re: features needed

Post by bbahn »

Hello @ahmed99,

Nagios Core can indeed monitor all of these things, but you will need plugins to do so and some of these will need to execute plugins through the NCPA agent. You can look at exchange.nagios.com for some existing plugins that may fit your needs.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.