Blank white screen after XI login

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kchenowe

Blank white screen after XI login

Post by kchenowe »

Hello,

I have several Nagios XI Servers at Nagios XI 2014R2.0 and we're having the following problems on 2 of them.

We get to the XI login page and are redirected to a blank screen. This is happening on two of our Nagios servers and not happening on two others. I was able to verify that are license is active and were renewed this month.

On the servers where it is not working, I have confirmed that the mysql database tables are healthy, disk space is available and run the /usr/local/nagiosxi/reset_config_perms.sh script. I noticed that the /usr/local/nagiosxi/nagiosql.login file is empty, unlike on another system where XI is working. I noticed that the contents of /usr/local/nagiosxi/nagiosql.cookies does not have a localhost entry, unlike on another system where XI is working.

The following are http errors.

[Wed Feb 07 16:34:00 2024] [error] [client redacted-ip] PHP Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0, referer: https://mynagios/nagiosxi/includes/comp ... +Time+3306

[Wed Feb 07 16:34:00 2024] [error] [client redacted-ip ] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/ajaxhelper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0, referer: https://mynagios/nagiosxi/includes/comp ... +Time+3306

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
gwesterman

Re: Blank white screen after XI login

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @kchenowe,

Were these servers working at some point? It appears as if you have configured some objects on them. What did you change that made logging in begin to fail?

Thank you!
kchenowe

Post by kchenowe »

I updated a contact within Nagios XI and modified the external postfix configuration. I don't think either of these are related. I did stop and start the nagios server in order to apply the change. This is all normal usage. I did notice while using Nagios during this time that sometimes some page loads in Nagios were complaining about permissions to a particular include file, but that problem would go away if I refreshed the page. After a few apply configurations, the number of complaints about permissions increased. When I switched to a new browser, without the cache, the blank page was produced.
While debugging the two failed servers, I did find that one host had a crashed database table and I fixed that. I also tried rebooting the server with the crashed database table, but neither of those attempts resolved the problem.

I'm very curious why the nagiosql.login file would be empty though. I tried copying a a nagiosql.login file from a working server, as well as a nagiosql.cookies file, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?
-Kendall Chenoweth
kchenowe

Post by kchenowe »

What information can I send you to help you debug?
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

You're sure none of the file/directory permissions changed? If you have working servers on the same version, I would first manually double check make sure their permissions are replicated on the server that is currently not working.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.