Nagios Network Analyzer - Issues with graphs

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
analyzersupport

Nagios Network Analyzer - Issues with graphs

Post by analyzersupport »

Goodmorning to everyone,

It was created for the needs of the company where I work,
Τhe network analyser, in the same infrastructure there is another product of the company nagios-xi, there are 2 problems at the moment that need to be solved in order to complete the project :
- API Fail on nagios-xi
- No data availabe on Bandwidth.rrd graph & Traffic last 30 minutes
i have full data on Top 5 talkers & my last issue is the bandwidth usage graph...

For API issue have any idea to fix it ?
For bandwidth usage graph have any solution to fix it ?

Thanks
swolf
Developer

Re: Nagios Network Analyzer - Issues with graphs

Post by swolf »

Hi @analyzersupport, thanks for reaching out.

For your bandwidth graph issue, I would check the permissions for bandwidth.rrd and for the folders that contain it.
You can find the bandwidth.rrd for each source at /usr/local/nagiosna/var/<source_name>/bandwidth.rrd.

Starting at /usr/local/nagiosna, each directory should be owned by the nna user and nnacmd group, and should have permissions like "rwxrwxr-x". The bandwidth.rrd file should also be owned by nna and nnacmd, and should have permissions like "rw-r--r--". If any of those are wrong, please let me know the linux distribution that you used to install NNA so that we can file an issue.

For your Nagios XI API issue, I'm going to need more detail to help you. What are you trying to do? What commands have you run to get information from the API? What is the result from running those commands?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Sebastian Wolf
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
Feativill

Post by Feativill »

Use tools like cURL or Postman to manually send API requests and check the responses. This will help you determine if the issue lies with the API itself or with the integration in your network analyzer.
basket random
betterwound

Post by betterwound »

Feativill wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:13 amgeometry dash
Use tools like cURL or Postman to manually send API requests and check the responses. This will help you determine if the issue lies with the API itself or with the integration in your network analyzer.
I still haven't resolved the error
Thiagoros

Post by Thiagoros »

Feativill wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:13 am Use tools like cURL or Postman to manually send API requests and check the responses. This will help you determine if the issue lies with the API itself or with the integration in your network analyzer.
basket random
Using tools like cURL or Postman to manually send API requests and inspect the answers is a good idea. This will help identify whether the problem is caused by the API or by issues with your network analyzer integration.Fm Whatsapp Download
genxvault

Post by genxvault »

To address the API issue in Nagios XI : I think there might be network or firewall issues blocking API request

Regarding the bandwidth usage graph : Start inspecting from the data sources and its configurations for collecting bandwidth usage data. Are you sure that the data sources are perfectly configured? I think scripts are facing some problems in collecting data. Update or modify the setting related to graphs.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

The original asker hasn't responded to this thread since it was posted, and I'm not sure that the continuing discussion has produced much value.

I'm locking this thread - @analyzersupport, please feel free to post a new thread if you continue to see issues.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy