ncpa-3.x.x not available on asset.nagios.com

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
CBoekhuis

ncpa-3.x.x not available on asset.nagios.com

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hello,

i'd like to update mij ncpa clients with de ansible ncpa_linux_install role. However the latest version available on asset.nagios.com is 2.4.1.
Is it possible to update the dowload folder with the latest version? Or is this legacy and do we need to donload it from another place?

Gr,
Christian
sgardil

Re: ncpa-3.x.x not available on asset.nagios.com

Post by sgardil »

For the time being you can get the latest version here. 3.0.1 is up on assets.nagios.com but it is under ncpa3 instead of just ncpa. Hope this helps!
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,

i am aware of the download site, but the asset.nagios.com should be in sync or removed . It creates confusion and most of all confusion when working with ansible.
bbahn

Post by bbahn »

Hello @CBoekhuis,

I will contact the relevant Nagios department and let them know. Thanks!
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
betterwound

Post by betterwound »

sgardil wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:21 am For the time being you can get the latest versiondoodle jump
here. 3.0.1 is up on assets.nagios.com but it is under ncpa3 instead of just ncpa. Hope this helps!
Can you review this link? I can't access it
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

betterwound wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:59 pm
sgardil wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:21 am For the time being you can get the latest versiondoodle jump
here. 3.0.1 is up on assets.nagios.com but it is under ncpa3 instead of just ncpa. Hope this helps!
Can you review this link? I can't access it
The link works for me, the link is just nagios.org/ncpa/#downloads . @CBoekhuis When you say assets.nagios.com are you talking about assets.nagios.com/downloads/ncpa ? If so then ncpa 3 is under assets.nagios.com/downloads/ncpa3. Or is it that NCPA isnt up on nagios.com under products? Sorry for the confusion.
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,
i expected that the latest version would be in de same folder and that the ncpa-latest.xxx would point to it but a new folder is OK too.
Maibe adding a ncpa-latest.xxx that points to the last version instead of a version number in the fiel name should be better voor automating download eand installation.
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

I would agree that latest should go to 3.0.1 and yeah I'm not fully sure why it is in a new folder. I know ncpa 3 was a large change in technology so I guess maybe thats why. I'll let the people who deal with the builds know that it is request for latest to point to ncpa 3. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

CBoekhuis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:48 am Hi,
i expected that the latest version would be in de same folder and that the ncpa-latest.xxx would point to it but a new folder is OK too.
Maibe adding a ncpa-latest.xxx that points to the last version instead of a version number in the fiel name should be better voor automating download eand installation.
Hi @CBoekuis,

Looking at what is currently on assets.nagios.com, it looks like there are several separate concerns:

1) NCPA 3 is in a separate folder, https://assets.nagios.com/ncpa3

This decision was made because NCPA configuration is not fully compatible between version 2 and version 3. In particular, there are no longer two separate processes for "passive" and "listener" responsibilities, so some of the configuration for these services are different. If you're confident that you can make the necessary configuration changes, or if you believe that the default configuration is adequate, feel free to update your playbook to use the new URL.

2) There is no permalink for the latest version of NCPA.

For this issue, I agree that we can and should do better. I spoke with the release team, and you should now be able to access the latest version of NCPA 3 from these four links:

EXE
RPM
DEB
DMG

With these links set up, you should at least be able to download the binary in a batch job, check the last-modified time, and decide whether to update on all of your other servers.

3) https://nagios.org/ncpa has links to assets.nagios.com, but the links are broken.

I've spoken with our Marketing team and told them about the new permalinks, so hopefully these will be updated shortly.

Please let me know if you run into further issues or have any other questions or concerns.
-Sebastian
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy