Commands added by wizard changed command type to misc from check_command.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
chris_hird

Commands added by wizard changed command type to misc from check_command.

Post by chris_hird »

I have a strange issue that has only started happening since the last NagiosXI update.
I use custom built wizards to automate creating a host and adding services. As part of the wizard install, the check commands provided by my pluggin are installed using the wizard config file.

This has been working without issue for about a year. Recently, I have noticed that when my check commands are added or overwritten by reinstalling the wizard... 5 or 6 out of 100 commands are changed to have the command type "misc command" instead of "check command" this obviously causes issues!

Does anyone know what may be causing this or is there a way I can dictate that these commands are "check commands"?

My initial thought was to attempt to add the "command_type" line to the wizard config file, however that does not appear to be correct.

Please help!
Cheers,
Chris
gwesterman

Re: Commands added by wizard changed command type to misc from check_command.

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @chris_hird,

This is a known issue, and a bug report has been filed. Feel free to keep an eye on our changelog for it to be addressed.

Thank you!
chris_hird

Post by chris_hird »

We have found what we believe is the problem. When we import the commands via the wizard any command which does not have parameters seems to be added as a misc command. All the others are correctly added.

Hope that helps with getting the fix.

Chris...
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

Glad you were able to find a solution and thank you for the help!