CentOS to RHEL Migration -- License Question

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vornado

CentOS to RHEL Migration -- License Question

Post by vornado »

Good morning, all.

For the purposes of migrating from CentOS 7 to RHEL, we have created 3 new RHEL 9.3 VMs and installed the latest version of Nagios XI on each one. My question is, when I go to the new Nagios XI sites, I am prompted for 'License Settings'. I'm not sure what to do here since we already have production, dev and DR servers using our current license. Which option -- Trial, Licensed, Free (Limited) -- should I choose?

Thank you.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danderson

Re: CentOS to RHEL Migration -- License Question

Post by danderson »

Thanks for reaching out @vornado,

The process is to contact csm@nagios.com since you are an existing customer. The CSM will assign you a trial key that you can add to the new installation. However, you will still need to have an extra activation added by the CSM so that when you restore the backed up XI and activate the license, it will function properly. Once you have completed the migration, you will want to contact your CSM again to remove the old IP from the activation list.

Let me know if you have any further questions.