NCPA "Incorrect Credentials Given" After Nagios 2024R1.0.2 Update

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
lloyd999

NCPA "Incorrect Credentials Given" After Nagios 2024R1.0.2 Update

Post by lloyd999 »

Hi everyone,

It looks like after the update to Nagios XI 2024R1.0.2, using check_xi_ncpa with a community string (token) that contains exclamation marks isn't working for newly created/cloned services.

We have a lot of existing NCPA services using this community string that are passing checks just fine, but if I go and clone those checks they no longer work. Even if I use the "Run check command" on a working service/host that shows green in XI right now, I get "CRITICAL: Incorrect credentials given". I suspect this has something to do with a change of how Nagios/NCPA escape special characters.

If I manually edit the check to remove the escaping backslash before the "!", then "Run Check Command", it works. But as soon as I click "Save" the check adds the backslashes again and fails.

I'm hoping someone can look into this so we don't have to change all our ncpa.cfg files and Nagios XI services to use a new community string that does not contain "!".
bbahn

Re: NCPA "Incorrect Credentials Given" After Nagios 2024R1.0.2 Update

Post by bbahn »

Hello @lloyd999,

I'll open an issue and take a look.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
lloyd999

Re: NCPA "Incorrect Credentials Given" After Nagios 2024R1.0.2 Update

Post by lloyd999 »

Thanks bbahn. Let me know if there's any further information you need or any updates.