Cancel apply configuration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dslaughter

Cancel apply configuration

Post by dslaughter »

I have made some bulk modifications that I decided I don't want to apply. Is there a way to cancel, remove, or view what is in apply configuration?
jsimon

Re: Cancel apply configuration

Post by jsimon »

Hi @dslaughter,

There isn't a way to cancel config changes you've made but not applied yet, but you can restore an old configuration with or without applying the current config changes you've made. This should roll you back to the state at the time that snapshot was saved. Let us know if you have any other questions!
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

Hey @dslaughter

Unfortunately I don't believe we have an option to dump changes queued up before hitting apply config. If you have applied the config already you can go to your configuration snapshots in CCM -> quick tools and in there you can see the changes made and also revert to a snapshot prior to that change if you would like.
dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

Thank you for the info. It would be helpful to have that feature when you do something using bulk mod and realized you made a mistake. In my case it took quite a bit of time to sort through and fix. Some of the changes were desired but others were not.

Thanks again. You can lock this.
bbahn

Post by bbahn »

Hello @dslaughter,

I have filed a feature request/enhancement for this.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.