Nagios showing services as hosts

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
apiedrakamai

Nagios showing services as hosts

Post by apiedrakamai »

Hi In my nagios UI, there seem to some sort of "corruption" when you go to "host status summary" and click on "All" at the end of the list I see the name of services listed as hosts, but then when I click on the name of one of this services it shows Object not found.

I've trying to figure out how to remove it from there but have no idea.
Any idea is appreciated.

Nagios version: 5.11.1

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmichaelson

Re: Nagios showing services as hosts

Post by jmichaelson »

You may have to go into the Core Configuration Manager (CCM, Configure->Core Config Manager) to clean up the hosts. I'd be interested in seeing both what the CCM shows and the process you followed to get the hosts into services.

Also, I noticed you're still on 5.11.1. I'd also recommend after you've got this resolved, upgrading to Nagios XI 2024R1.x.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Jason
apiedrakamai

Post by apiedrakamai »

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but forgot to post that as well when I go to Core Configuration Manager only my hosts are listed those services do not show up, that is the weird thing, they show up in the host summary but not in hosts in CCM, Configure->Core Config Manager
ajcoil

Post by ajcoil »

Hi @apiedrakamai!

I would recommend attempting a database repair to see if that resolves your issue.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/repair_databases.sh
If you still have any questions or issues, feel free to reach out!
apiedrakamai

Post by apiedrakamai »

I ran /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/repair_databases.sh but did not help much still showing the same information, in fact this kind of ghost entries keep increasing.

Any other idea?