State History Problem

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
occ

State History Problem

Post by occ »

I have a problem with the state history.
Running "Run" gives me no results.
I tried repairing the db but it had no effect.
The problem is in all reports
The problem is only from the gui, if I run a scheduled report, it works correctly and it arrives via email
Any suggestions?
Thank you
sgardil

Re: State History Problem

Post by sgardil »

Hey @Occ

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Just to make sure the repair script you ran was this?

Code: Select all

cd /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts
./repair_databases.sh
Just for some extra information could you let us know which distro you're XI is running on? Also were these reports working for you prior until an event happened? (i.e. updating to a new version or installing something)
occ

Post by occ »

sgardil wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:22 am Hey @Occ

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Just to make sure the repair script you ran was this?

./repair_databases.sh
Just for some extra information could you let us know which distro you're XI is running on? Also were these reports working for you prior until an event happened? (i.e. updating to a new version or installing something)
I confirm the script is repair_databases.sh
I updated to the latest version two weeks ago but I'm sure the reports were working last week.
I tried using Edge's "development tools" and noticed the following error on the console:
jquery-3.6.0.min.js?1711544642:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: on is not defined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (availability.php:263:5)
at e (jquery-3.6.0.min.js?1711544642:2:30038)
at t (jquery-3.6.0.min.js?1711544642:2:30340)

Could this be the problem? If yes, how could I solve it? Thank you very much
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

occ wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:35 am

./repair_databases.sh
I updated to the latest version two weeks ago but I'm sure the reports were working last week.
I tried using Edge's "development tools" and noticed the following error on the console:

Its possible that it is an issue with jquery and not displaying the information correctly if your pdf's have the correct information. Do you remember what version of xi you were on before also what distribution of linux are you installed on? I don't get this issue on my vm's however theres a chance its distro related.
occ

Post by occ »

sgardil wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:14 am

./repair_databases.sh

Its possible that it is an issue with jquery and not displaying the information correctly if your pdf's have the correct information. Do you remember what version of xi you were on before also what distribution of linux are you installed on? I don't get this issue on my vm's however theres a chance its distro related.
Hi sgardil,
I restored the virtual machine to the pre-neptune update snapshot. Now it's working. I have a centos 7.9, now I'm back to the nagios xi version 2024R1.0.2
I would like to create a new machine with the latest release of Nagios XI and import the db of the current version.
Do you think it's a good solution?
I'm just a little worried about how mod-gearman works and how to set the license on the new machine and deactivate the license on the old one.
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

occ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:30 am
sgardil wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:14 am

Hi sgardil,
I restored the virtual machine to the pre-neptune update snapshot. Now it's working. I have a centos 7.9, now I'm back to the nagios xi version 2024R1.0.2
I would like to create a new machine with the latest release of Nagios XI and import the db of the current version.
Do you think it's a good solution?
I'm just a little worried about how mod-gearman works and how to set the license on the new machine and deactivate the license on the old one.
I dont think this is a bad solution to try, especially since the support for cent 7 is coming to an end soon so this will just get you ahead of migrating later on. I am unsure about the mod-gearman question, I am unsure how it works myself as I have not used it. Is this a system you inherited that had mod-gearman already? If you are doing a backup and then restoring that backup on the new machine the XI license should be transferred with that restore.

After asking around it seems like cent 8 might be ideal since we don't support a release currently for mod-gearman on cent 9 currently if you wanted to continue using mod-gearman.