CRITICAL: Incorrect credentials given.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
greenman123

Post by greenman123 »

Hi,

Nagios XI Version: 2024R1.1.1
NCPA v. 3.0.1

I've installed the NCPA agent on multiple servers, and most are working and returning monitoring information. That being said, there are a handful reporting:

I'm entirely sure why, i've checked the ncpa.cfg file on the Windows box to make sure there are no special characters, and that it matches with what Nagios has. I've also tried manually adding it using the NCPA wizard, it recognises the box, and offers what can be monitored, but then returns the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.
lgute

Re: CRITICAL: Incorrect credentials given.

Post by lgute »

Hi @greenman123, thanks for reaching out.

We currently have a ticket open for this issue.

Have you tried logging into the web UI for NCPA on these servers, with the community_string in the ncpa.cfg? Normally it is available at port 5693, so something like this...

Code: Select all

https://<hostname/ip address>:5693
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Laura
bbahn

Re: CRITICAL: Incorrect credentials given.

Post by bbahn »

Hello @greenman123,

By saying that there are no special characters in your community_string, are you saying that you are only using alphanumerics in your password (i.e. [0-9a-zA-Z])?
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.