Nagios XI 2024R1.1.1 Unable to Delete Dashboards

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
shoreypu

Nagios XI 2024R1.1.1 Unable to Delete Dashboards

Post by shoreypu »

Hello,

We recently updated our QA environment to 2024R1.1.1 (from 5.11.3) and in our testing, we have found that we are unable to delete dashboards. The message indicates the dashboard has been deleted, but it does not. I've tested this as an admin and a user account. Not sure if this is a 2024R1.1.1 bug or something with our QA system.

Thanks in advance.
gwesterman

Re: Nagios XI 2024R1.1.1 Unable to Delete Dashboards

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @shoreypu,

Yes, this is a known bug and will be fixed in a future release soon. In the time-being, if you are comfortable editing some minified javascript files, there is a pretty easy fix. In the file /nagiosxi/html/includes/dashboards.js, you can change the following:
- Change every instance of "id=$(this).parent().data('id');" (there should be 4) with "id=$(this).parent().parent().data('id');"
- Change every instance of "title=$(this).parent().data('title');" (there should be 3) with "title=$(this).parent().parent().data('title');"

Let us know if you need anything else,

Thank you!
shoreypu

Post by shoreypu »

Thanks for confirming. Is there a list of known bugs that I can refer to in the future?
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

Our issue tracking is internal, but you can keep an eye on our changelog for it to be addressed.
shoreypu

Post by shoreypu »

I would like to suggest that known bugs be posted somewhere as well. That information may have helped in deciding whether or not to look at upgrading in the first place. Thanks
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

Thanks for the request, it would definitely help users decide if they would want to upgrade. I will bring it up as something requested.