Disable Neptune Prompts Post Upgrade

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
shoreypu

Disable Neptune Prompts Post Upgrade

Post by shoreypu »

Hello,

We are looking at upgrading the XI 2024 (R1.1.1) and noticed that users get prompted about switching to Neptune. Is there a way to disable those prompts by default for all users?

Thanks
sgardil

Re: Disable Neptune Prompts Post Upgrade

Post by sgardil »

Hey @shoreypu

Currently there isn't a way to disable this banner for all users as it interacts with the user data. Is there a reason why you wouldnt want your users to be able to see this banner once before dismissing it? I can put in a note that this is requested, however I cant give a time frame of if or when we will address this. Keeping an eye on our change log would be the best bet for that.
shoreypu

Post by shoreypu »

Our team is looking at Neptune, as we do with all changes in Nagios XI. The Neptune UI would be a drastic change for our users. We first need to decide if we want to make Neptune the default UI for all users, for parity. We also need to update user documentation and KB articles, as well as communicate information about Neptune to our users. Disabling the prompt would allow us to update now, while we consider whether or not to migrate to Neptune.
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

shoreypu wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 am Our team is looking at Neptune, as we do with all changes in Nagios XI. The Neptune UI would be a drastic change for our users. We first need to decide if we want to make Neptune the default UI for all users, for parity. We also need to update user documentation and KB articles, as well as communicate information about Neptune to our users. Disabling the prompt would allow us to update now, while we consider whether or not to migrate to Neptune.
Ah understandable. It is quite the change of a UI and would most definitely take some time to get used to. Unfortunately we don't have a way to disable this prompt for all users by default. I will take a look at the database and see if I can come up with something to disable it via a command and get back to you. There is an option to make an announcement banner in the admin settings to remind users to not swap to neptune yet that may help as a reminder.
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

Sorry for the delay but I come back with a solution assuming you have access to and are willing to modify your db values. If you are then after the upgrade has been ran and you have the banner, you can log into your mysql db via the command line. After logged into run

Code: Select all

use nagiosxi;
and then the command to turn all the values to no longer show the banner would be

update xi_usermeta set keyvalue = 0 where keyname = 'show_switch_neptune_banner';
To find your mysql login information if you are unsure you should be able to run this to find it:

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/get_mysql_passwords.sh