Custom Login doesnt appear to work, corporate compliance requirements.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
story

Custom Login doesnt appear to work, corporate compliance requirements.

Post by story »

We are implementing nagiosxi and currently have version 2024R1.1.2.

Our compliance, security and support teams are requiring some specific changes to the login screen. We see where there is a component to add customized login, but it does not see to work. even putting simple text such as "TEST" does not show.

we are happy to do our own code, but how to get it to pick it up?

some requirements:
- Legal disclaimer test
- removal of Nagios Logo, addition of our own
- remove all "contact" sale, support etc.

We are pushing this instead of their "preferred tool" which is SCOM.. If i can't make these changes, they will use it as an excuse to kill this project. We are paying for the software with support (1000+ systems), just waiting on procurement, but this battle drags on.

edit - i did see some posts that talked about it not being supported, or requiring to use a custom CSS to change the screen, but it seems that this method is a hacked up (security by obscurity??) way to do it really.. I looking for something server side to prevent to elements from going to the browser at all..

edit2 - yes we get that we might get burned on an update... we need to get this approved then fight through that..

-- Chris
jsimon

Re: Custom Login doesnt appear to work, corporate compliance requirements.

Post by jsimon »

Hi @story,

Nagios XI has recently been updated with a new "Neptune" theme, which is currently not compatible with the Custom Login plugin. I believe you should be able to enable the custom login page by changing your theme to Modern or Modern Dark, on the System Settings page. Please note however that this feature is a way to add content to the existing login page -- it will allow you to add the legal disclaimer text, but will not help replace the Nagios logo or remove anything else from the page. I believe the best way to do this would be custom CSS as you mentioned below. This would be a way to circumvent updates breaking your custom work, as well.