NCPA checks for lowercase version of command, thus fails

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
raskolnikov88

NCPA checks for lowercase version of command, thus fails

Post by raskolnikov88 »

I'm trying to replace the nagios check_procs plugin with the native ncpa facility, but it seems to have some limitations.

One of them is described thusly:

I'm checking for a process called "Autosched.bora9.bsh" -

$ ssh drslinap3d ps -ef|grep Autosched.bora9.bsh
espbatch 9714 1 0 Apr08 ? 00:00:00 /bin/ksh /opt/softwareag/cronus/scripts/Autosched.bora9.bsh

So, the process is there. Now let's check with ncpa:

$ check_ncpa.py -H drslinap3d -t linux -M 'processes' -q 'name=Autosched.bora9.bsh' -c1:
CRITICAL: Process count for processes named autosched.bora9.bsh was 0 | 'process_count'=0;;1:;

ncpa searches for a lower case version of the process, which is not found.

Any workarounds for this?
bbahn

Re: NCPA checks for lowercase version of command, thus fails

Post by bbahn »

Hello @raskolnikov88,

A quick glance at the code indicates that NCPA shouldn't be having a problem with lowercase service as it converts the list of services it checks against to lowercase as well. What OS are you running NCPA on? I can file a bug report for this issue if you'd like.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.