Nagios XI 2024R1.1.2 - Cannot Export Bandwidth Usage Reports to PDF

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
silverbenz

Nagios XI 2024R1.1.2 - Cannot Export Bandwidth Usage Reports to PDF

Post by silverbenz »

Hi all,

Hoping someone else has seen this and found a solution. We've discovered we're unable to export Bandwidth Usage reports to PDF. Every attempt results in a PDF document with only an error stating "The requested URL /nagiosxi/includes/components/bandwidthreport/bandwidthreport.php was not found on this server.". This is consistent whether we attempt to view the PDF directly in a browser (any browser), save it to a file and open it, or have Nagios email it. It is also consistent for every Bandwidth Usage report page.

As stated in the Subject, the version of Nagios XI we're testing on is 2024R1.1.2. However, I've attempted the same export on another XI instance which is at version 2024R1.0.2 and had a similar result, though the error shown in the resulting PDF document is simply "File not found".

I have confirmed there is indeed no "bandwidthreport.php" file anywhere on either of the Nagios hosts that I've found this problem on.

Just in case it's not obvious, these are the steps I follow to generate the PDF:
- Reports
- [Available Reports] Bandwidth Usage
- Click any "View Report" link to open a report
- Once the report is showing, go to the top-right of the report frame and click the Download dropdown
- Select PDF

Feel free to let me know if there's any more info that might be of use. Thanks in advance for any help.
lgute

Re: Nagios XI 2024R1.1.2 - Cannot Export Bandwidth Usage Reports to PDF

Post by lgute »

Hi @silverbenz, thanks for reaching out.

Thank you for reporting this issue. A ticket has been created to get this fixed.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Laura
silverbenz

Post by silverbenz »

Thanks Laura. Guessing that means 2024R1.1.3 is what I need to wait for then?
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi @silverbenz,

2024R1.1.3 is closed for development, so I can not say which release it will be addressed in.

-Laura
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi @silverbenz,

Here is a patch for the Bandwidth Usage report's PDF issue.

To apply the patch, rename the index.php file.

Code: Select all

mv /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/bandwidthreport/index.php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/bandwidthreport/index.php.bak
Unzip the attachment, copy index.php into the bandwidthreport directory and update the owner/group.

Code: Select all

unzip index.zip
cp index.php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/bandwidthreport
chown nagios:nagios /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/bandwidthreport/index.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Laura