Support for Rocky Linux 8

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
ScottMc

Support for Rocky Linux 8

Post by ScottMc »

Are there any plans to support Rocky Linux 8? We have a 10 node cluster of NLS currently running on CentOS 7 and we are standardizing our Linux platform on Rocky Linux 8. I saw a previous post about a feature request being submitted a few years ago to add Rocky support but no further response to it. Has there been any traction on this? Otherwise we'll probably just look at moving to a simple ELK stack deployment or something cloud native. Thanks!
DoubleDoubleA

Re: Support for Rocky Linux 8

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

Thanks for your question on Rocky Linux support, and thank you for being a customer. Distro support is a continual discussion for us, and Rocky support is a feature request. Especially with the direction the CentOS project has taken, there is demand for additional options in enterprise distros. At this time we do not have Rocky support on the roadmap. I'd love to support every requested distro. It's not that we don't love this or that distro. Every distro we currently support or consider supporting represents a trade-off.

Thanks,

Aaron
ScottMc

Post by ScottMc »

That's about what I figured. Thanks for the insight.

Scott
mig29

Post by mig29 »

Hi !
I suppose it's the same answer for Alma Linux ?
Regards
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

Correct. That's not to say that the answer will always be no for any of them; as Aaron said there are tradeoffs with what we can support. But again, with everything that's going on with Centos these days, I'd suggest continuing to make noise about what you'd like to see us support. Obviously there's never a guarantee but if enough customers are vociferous about it, it may generate some movement.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Jason
ssunga

Post by ssunga »

Hey @mig29,

That's correct, we do not currently have Alma Linux on our roadmap.