Does license required after upgrade?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
11abbidoa

Does license required after upgrade?

Post by 11abbidoa »

We are upgrading our nagios from 5.9.1 to 2024R1.1.5, does this require reactivation of license?
What if we lost our record anymore and can only pull up last 6 digits from Nagios GUI?

Also, we manage to get the license key info using below command. What's the difference between the two, license key in the GUI vs the license key in cli.

echo ' select * from xi_options;' |mysql -u root -pnagiosxi nagiosxi |grep license_key
sgardil

Re: Does license required after upgrade?

Post by sgardil »

11abbidoa wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:47 am We are upgrading our nagios from 5.9.1 to 2024R1.1.5, does this require reactivation of license?
What if we lost our record anymore and can only pull up last 6 digits from Nagios GUI?

Also, we manage to get the license key info using below command. What's the difference between the two, license key in the GUI vs the license key in cli.

echo ' select * from xi_options;' |mysql -u root -pnagiosxi nagiosxi |grep license_key
I may be misunderstanding so correct me if I'm wrong. If you no longer pay for a subscription and would like to update, the subscription provides version upgrades for a period of time (I believe 1 or 2 years), if its been longer than that then you will most likely need to reactivate the license.

The difference is just the rest of the license is masked on the GUI, they should be the same license overall.

It may be best to reach out to one of our CSM's as they primarily deal with licensing issues. You can send them an email at CSM@nagios.com
11abbidoa

Post by 11abbidoa »

We have already have an existing one with version 5.9.1 and license activated too.
We are upgrading our Nagios XI from 5.9.1 to 2024R1.1.5.
Once completed, does it need a new license? or No or can use the same license but need to reactivate again?
DoubleDoubleA

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

Hi @11abbidoa,

Would you please email sales@nagios.com with these questions? They will be your best help.

Aaron
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

11abbidoa wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:29 pm We have already have an existing one with version 5.9.1 and license activated too.
We are upgrading our Nagios XI from 5.9.1 to 2024R1.1.5.
Once completed, does it need a new license? or No or can use the same license but need to reactivate again?
Best bet if you have maintenance is to reach out to csm@nagios.com. If you reach out with this information they should be able to help you right away. Since licensing information is a little sensitive its always the best bet to reach out to them instead of the forums. I went ahead and deleted the licensing information you posted on here since that should not be on a public forum.