Scheduled Local Backup Failed

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
providentpolska

Scheduled Local Backup Failed

Post by providentpolska »

Hi Community,

Once every 3 months I have a problem with schedule backup. I got a below message:
The scheduled local backup at 2024-09-30 02:09:29 failed.

Last output from the system: Error backing up MySQL database 'nagios' - check the password in this script!

View your full scheduled backup logs at /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/scheduledbackups.log to find out more details about the error. Your backup may have timed out, you can set a backup_timeout variable in config.inc.php to increase it.
After repair database, the problem becomes resolved, but it come back to every 3 months.

Maybe someone had a similar case and solved it permanently?
jmichaelson

Re: Scheduled Local Backup Failed

Post by jmichaelson »

To make sure I'm understanding this correct, the scheduled backups work normally for a period of time and then start failing at some point? Is it sporadic or once it starts does it continue to happen?

Also it will be helpful to know what version of Nagios XI you are using and the distribution and version of Linux.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Jason
providentpolska

Yes, the scheduled backups work normally for a period of time and then start failing. After that, we repaired database and it works correctly for some time.

Version Nagios XI 5.11.2
DoubleDoubleA

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

We're probably not going to be able to do a deep troubleshooting dive on this issue via the forum in the way we would in a full support ticket.

It sounds like the root cause is a database issue. It's great that you can repair it. I wonder what the actual database issue is, and why it might come up every 3 months or so. Do you know what the underlying database issue is?
providentpolska

Hi,
Unfortunately no. After perform truncate table nagios and run script repiar_databases.sh, problem is solve for a next 3 months.. but finally it is not except solving this case.
tomhiddleston2

Post by tomhiddleston2 »

I had a similar issue and strangely it works fine now.