Nagios Core as a dashboard

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kwoghir

Nagios Core as a dashboard

Post by kwoghir »

Can Nagios function as a dashboard via integration with a third party tool like CA Spectrum? How can this occur?
mguthrie

Re: Nagios Core as a dashboard

Post by mguthrie »

Yes? Can you be a little more specific as to what you'd want it to do? There's not really enough information there...
inventsekar

Post by inventsekar »

i assume you wanted to integrate Nagios and CA Spectrum and use Nagios as the dashboard... i mean, monitoring will be done by CA Spectrum, alerts dashboard will be Nagios GUI, is that correct?
Yes, as Mguthrie said, it should be possible and In fact, Nagios GUI is super simple and its user-friendly (unlike nagios's configuration ;) )
kwoghir

Post by kwoghir »

inventsekar is correct. Is Nagios GUI a separate product or is it part of Core or XI? Also, since Spectrum uses SNMP to collect data, how would Nagios GUI collect the data?
inventsekar

Post by inventsekar »

>>> Is Nagios GUI a separate product or is it part of Core or XI?
Nagios GUI is a part of Nagios Core(as well as Nagios XI). Its simple to install Nagios Core thru the quickstart install guides (the installation may take less than ten mins if you dont get compiler errors), at the end of the quick start installation procedure, you will get the GUI ready.

>>> Also, since Spectrum uses SNMP to collect data, how would Nagios GUI collect the data?
SNMP integration plugins are there at exchange (exchange.nagios.com i think )

thanks...