Google Maps Component not working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Box293
Too Basu

Google Maps Component not working

Post by Box293 »

Having some troubles getting the Google Maps component working on our production system.

I have installed in on our test system and it works great.

When I try and use it on our production system I get a white screen.
White Screen.png
Also, here is the source from that page:
<removed file, no longer required>

I think I may have installed it on our production system as a user (not nagiosadmin), but this user account is an admin.

I have tried deleting and re-adding, this does not work, nor does a reboot of the XI host.

The dashlet behaves the same way.

/var/log/httpd/error_log only shows this error when I click "Manage Dashlets":

Code: Select all

[Fri Aug 13 15:35:56 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/dashlets/googlemap, referer: http://xxx.xxx.local/nagiosxi/admin/dashlets.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Box293 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mguthrie

Re: Google Maps Component not working

Post by mguthrie »

Here's a few possibilities to try.

The new google maps API requires the use of html5, which I think has questionable support in IE still. It might be worth trying in Firefox and seeing if that makes a difference.

On a fresh install the default coordinates need to be set before the map will display.

I'm also noticing that there's an email address in the markers field where there should be a latlong coordinates (in the javascript source code). I'm guessing there's an email address in one of your notes fields for one of your hosts. I tried to filter out notes entries that aren't valid coordinates, but I'll have to take another look at that code to try and improve it some. When we come out with the second revision it'll utilize the free form variable for the coordinates instead of the notes field because some people need the notes for other things.

I don't recognize what the problem is from the apache log, but my guess is that it's the email address in the notes field that's messing things up. Let me know what you find out so that I can make improvements for the next version.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

The email address in the notes field was the problem. Once I removed the email address everything was working fine.

Thanks very much.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Glad it's working for you. When I get chance I'll have to work on the notes filtering and freeform variable addition for that component.
t3hflame

Post by t3hflame »

I'm getting the same error and there's nothing on "Notes" field in cfg files.

[Tue Oct 05 17:07:16 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/dashlets/googlemap, referer: http://abcd/nagiosxi/dashboards/dashlets.php
[Wed Oct 06 08:20:52 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/js/jquery/timepickr, referer: http://abcd/nagiosxi/includes/component ... ap/map.php
[Wed Oct 06 08:20:52 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/js/jquery/timepickr, referer: http://abcd/nagiosxi/includes/component ... ap/map.php
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Hmm, this look like a different issue than the previous post. I'm wondering if something got moved or changed since that addon was released. Let me see if I can recreate this.

I'm assuming you're getting a blank white screen at certain places in XI? If you happen to be able to view the html output of that page, could you send me the javascript portion of the page (private data removed). If some bad data is somewhere in the notes field, it should show up in the javascript.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Seems to be working with our most current version.

Have you set the map defaults yets? The map requires an initial set of coordinates and zoom level in order to display. That should only need to be set once on an install.
t3hflame

Post by t3hflame »

mguthrie wrote:Hmm, this look like a different issue than the previous post. I'm wondering if something got moved or changed since that addon was released. Let me see if I can recreate this.

I'm assuming you're getting a blank white screen at certain places in XI? If you happen to be able to view the html output of that page, could you send me the javascript portion of the page (private data removed). If some bad data is somewhere in the notes field, it should show up in the javascript.
Yeah, I was getting a blank screen.
mguthrie wrote:Seems to be working with our most current version.

Have you set the map defaults yets? The map requires an initial set of coordinates and zoom level in order to display. That should only need to be set once on an install.
Erm.. no. LOL
Sorry, I didn't see the link. :D
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

No worries, glad it's up and running ; )