Nagiosxi disappear services

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mguthrie

Re: Nagiosxi disappear services

Post by mguthrie »

Can you check to make sure you don't have multiple instances of nagios running. That is a problem we've seen that can cause "ghost hosts" and services, it's possible that has happened here.

Are you editing your config file by hand?

If you are, NagiosQL will overwrite your configs shortly after you make them. The config file you're showing us does not look like the format that NagiosQL generates. It could just be how the forum handled the whitespace, but I want to make sure that's not how you're changing your configuration, because you will most certainly have problems if you're making your changes by manually editing the config files. To change a config in XI, use the CCM to make your changes, then make sure to Apply Configuration. This will take the database info from NagiosQL and write it out to the config files.

Bear with us as we are working this out, but we have not seen this particular situation before.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

I don't follow images vary well. What caught my eye was your SQL(Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:49 am) output and the error msg in this one image(Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am Description:log web page Name/Size:logs.JPG (100.58 KiB)). I'd love to give you a copy of the error, but I don't have any tools for working with image files.

The table you were working with was called tbl_service and the field the error is complaining about is config_id. I'm not familiar with the DB schema, so this is just conjecture.

From what I gather your host and service groups are being disbanded. Though it looks like membership is intact, it's just the members themselves are being disassociated. That's consistent with what might happen if you changed a host name or service description.
diegosiassb

Post by diegosiassb »

No I do not have two instances of nagios.
I do not edit files by hand.
Load the old configuration using the php script.
Then use the tools of the web page.
Before I import the files.
Then write the configuration in the database.
OK for twenty minutes about.
Doing nothing disappears forever the same services.
Yesterday I tried to hand a small amount of configuration that disappeared.
It's ok

Today I'll try to do a mix of import and add some file through a web part.
When I say "hand" ...... I understand that to add an individual server and check with the web page.
I have about 2800 check to be included with various contacts and hostgroups servicegroups
This work is very expensive for me if I can not do with tools import
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Are all the file names you are uploading uniq? Uploading the same file name twice may cause the previously uploaded file to be replaced.

I'm a bit confused by the steps you are taking.

Can you provide us with a copy of the config you are trying to import? I'm not sure at what point I'd want it, perhaps just prior to when you run the import prep-tool.

Keep in mind these forums are public, so you may want to msg up privately with instructions for downloading the config. I'd normally advise to have any sensitive information removed. I'll just have to hope that it's not an issue with special chars in passwords or anything.
diegosiassb

Post by diegosiassb »

I added one to one services for some servers. At some point I disappeared again services.

I enclose photos of the two views that do not match.
Thanks
Diego
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.