check_ad for win2k8 r2

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
arizzotto

check_ad for win2k8 r2

Post by arizzotto »

Hi All,

I am running NSClient++ version 0.4.1.66-x64 on a windows 2008 r2 server. I am having a problem getting the check_ad plugin to work. When I try to run the command from the nagios server using
check_nrpe -H ipaddress of server -c check_ad I get an error No handler for command: check_ad. Also when I look in the nsclient log I get the following error:

2012-12-04 15:53:02: e:..\..\..\trunk\service\NSClient++.cpp:953: No handler for command: check_ad avalible commands: commands {, alias_cpu, alias_cpu_ex, alias_disk, alias_disk_loose, alias_event_log, alias_file_age, alias_file_size, alias_mem, alias_process, alias_process_count, alias_process_hung, alias_process_stopped, alias_sched_all, alias_sched_long, alias_sched_task, alias_service, alias_service_ex, alias_up, alias_updates, alias_volumes, alias_volumes_loose, check_cpu, check_eventlog, check_memory, check_nscp, check_ok, check_pdh, check_process, check_registry, check_service, check_uptime, checkalwayscritical, checkalwaysok, checkalwayswarning, checkcounter, checkcpu, checkcritical, checkdrivesize, checkeventlog, checkfile2, checkfiles, checkfilesize, checkmem, checkmultiple, checkok, checkprocstate, checkservicestate, checksingleregentry, checkuptime, checkversion, checkwarning, checkwmi, checkwmivalue, listcounterinstances}, plugins {, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}
2012-12-04 15:53:02: e:..\..\..\..\trunk\include\nscapi\nscapi_core_wrapper.cpp:181: No handler for command 'check_ad'.

If I just run check_nrpe -H ipaddress of server I get I (0,4,1,66 2012-11-18) seem to be doing fine.. so I would think the the server can talk via nrpe. If I run the check_ad.exe from the modules folder C:\Program Files\NSClient++\modules>check_ad.exe --dc everything comes back ok.

In the nsclient.ini file I have set the command to:
command[check_ad]=C:\Program Files\NSClient++\modules\check_ad.exe --dc

also tried

check_ad=C:\Program Files\NSClient++\modules\check_ad.exe --dc

Not sure where to go from here.....

Thank you.
jsmurphy

Re: check_ad for win2k8 r2

Post by jsmurphy »

Silly question, but did you remember to restart NSClient after making the changes? Unlike NRPE, NSClient will only read the config on startup and requires a reload when changes are made.
arizzotto

Post by arizzotto »

Would just stopping then starting the nsclient service be enough.

Tony.
jsmurphy

Post by jsmurphy »

Yes, yes it would. :)