Performance Graph missing (had to reset security again!!)

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
bryandb

Performance Graph missing (had to reset security again!!)

Post by bryandb »

I have this weird problem where I would need to reset the nagiosadmin credential in "Reset Security Credentials" every single time I logged out of the browser session (tried Firefox and IE, they both exhibit the same problem). By the way, I have followed the FAQs that supposely will resolved the problem, but that didn't work. I also followed the additional reading below it and that didn't work either.

If I don't reset my password I don't see the performance graphs for the hosts that I am monitoring.

I have Nagios XI 1.3D (The latest version).

The screen would say that "Security credentials updated successfully." everytime I update it, but when I log out and log back in again. My performance graphs would be missing or display "X".

Everything else works fine except the performance graphs.

I need help, any insights?
mguthrie

Re: Performance Graph missing (had to reset security again!!)

Post by mguthrie »

Not sure if this will fix it or if you've tried this already, but try setting the backend passwords to be the same as your nagiosadmin pw.
bryandb

Post by bryandb »

reset both the core backend and the config backend?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

When Performance Graphs stop working, it's usually related to permissions issues in the sub-system components. The exact cause of this issue has been difficult to nail down because there are so many different system configurations out there, and this works fine for some people, and not for others. But I know that some people have had this problem go away permanently by setting the nagiosadmin password to be the same for Nagios Core Config Manager, and all of the subsystem components. (All of these are on the Reset Security Credentials page).
bryandb

Post by bryandb »

I tried to update the back end core password to match the nagiosadmin password and I don't see the "Password Mismatch" error anymore, but my graphs are still not showing?

Any insights?

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] user nagiosadmin: authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch

Where does nagiosadmin get the password to compare the password for /nagios/pnp/index.php?
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

When users first said "I set the password to match the one I'm using then it works." I thought to myself that I hopped this was not the case. It's going to be common for users to have more then one password... or rather for there to be more then one user.

As for your inquery, I don't understand the question. Looks like PNP is comparing the passwords, not NagiosXI. It's common for applications like this to use des/md5/sha/ect hash functions and compare the result rather then comparing the password directly, but I digress.

NagiosXI should be storing the credentials in pgsql and then feeding these to PNP via http://127.0.0.1/. The credentials used by NagiosXI should be the same for every user and resetting them should populate both PNP(some where it has a auth db) and NagiosXI with matching credentials.
bryandb

Post by bryandb »

I've fixed the problem. It seems like PNP do not take my password. My password is too complicated with "!" in the end. After I set my nagiosadmin password and the backend password to something really simple, the graphs started working for me.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Thank you for that heads up. I posted that info in our wiki.
http://support.nagios.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Displayed