NagiosQL 3.1

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kiplingm

NagiosQL 3.1

Post by kiplingm »

Hi,

I'm wondering if there will be a XI beta release that will include the new NagiosQL 3.1 beta?

I'm looking for CLI access to be able to write to the Nagios configuration (specifically to dynamically update parent relationships).

Thank you,
Kipling
tonyyarusso

Re: NagiosQL 3.1

Post by tonyyarusso »

I'm wondering if there will be a XI beta release that will include the new NagiosQL 3.1 beta?
The NagiosQL project uses a closed-beta development model, so no, I do not expect we will (or could) ship this.
I'm looking for CLI access to be able to write to the Nagios configuration (specifically to dynamically update parent relationships).
I'm not familiar with whether some tool has been added in NagiosQL to make this easier somehow, but it is of course possible to write scripts that interact with the NagiosQL database right now.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
kiplingm

Re: NagiosQL 3.1

Post by kiplingm »

Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes - I gathered I could write directly to the database, I was just concerned about running afoul of QL and corrupting my installation. I don't know enough about the architecture to know what effects changes to the database have on the config.
I'd hoped that when they release the CLI it would allow me to work on the underlying config and remain blissfully ignorant as the to rest of the inner workings of the system.

Thanks again,
Kipling