RedHat 6 Compatability

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
fkroeger

RedHat 6 Compatability

Post by fkroeger »

Hi - with the release of RHEL6.0 , how soon until you certify this OS for NagiosXI?
As I am planning a new install of NagiosXI, I would prefer to use the latest version, to minimise any upgrade issues later.

Also what's the recommendation for using 32 or 64 bit OS's. I remember there were some issues before with the 64b RHEL - has this been resolved?

Regards... Fred
tonyyarusso

Re: RedHat 6 Compatability

Post by tonyyarusso »

Hi - with the release of RHEL6.0 , how soon until you certify this OS for NagiosXI?
"When it's ready", although I can tell you that we are setting things up to start that process this morning.
Also what's the recommendation for using 32 or 64 bit OS's. I remember there were some issues before with the 64b RHEL - has this been resolved?
32-bit installs are still a little simpler from the installer scripts' point of view, but yes, it does appear that 64-bit ones are working fine now.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
fkroeger

Post by fkroeger »

Thanks Tony..... Is it ready yet.... ;)
tonyyarusso

Post by tonyyarusso »

I tried running through an install this afternoon, and got only partway through, so I'm not yet sure how successful or not I am so far. However, it looks like we may have issues with the third-party repositories we rely on not yet having updated packages for all of the libraries, perl modules, etc. we pull from them. Most are okay, which is promising, but there were a few missing ones that I'll have to putz with. I would imagine that a lot more of that stuff will get attention after CentOS releases a version 6 in a couple of months, but if we're lucky everything we need will be up before then.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
fkroeger

Post by fkroeger »

Thanks Tony.... Is it ready yet? ;)
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

He's working hard on it as we speak. We probably won't officially support it for a while, but he's getting the steps documented for now so that people can at least give it a run if they want ; )