Nagios Reports

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
deepakitkar

Nagios Reports

Post by deepakitkar »

Hi,

How can I get the following reports:

Datewise Availability Report for a HOST or HOSTGROUP for a given date range. A graphic datawise report will be good. Need to send this to Managers.

Any suggestions?
slansing

Re: Nagios Reports

Post by slansing »

What do you mean by datawise? There are a number of ways to view an availability based report, for instance, through

Reports > Availability Report

We are able to see a couple pie graphs, and percentage Host/Service up time statistics.

Reports > Executive Summary

Shows a nice overview of the monitored environment, from Uptime, to alert production.

You could even use one of the standard pages from within Nagios XI to create a custom report, simply by clicking the "Schedule Page" icon in the top right corner of each page, the icon looks like a small clock.
deepakitkar

Post by deepakitkar »

@slansing

I am looking for a DATEWISE report... If I select last Month(say Feb 2013) in date criteria I would like to see Availability Status of HOST/HOSTGROUP on each day. Something like:
HOST : CRMDATA1
Date Availability Status
02/01/2013 OK - 100%
02/02/2013 OK - 100%
02/03/2013 OK - 98.9%
02/04/2013 OK - 99.5%
02/28/2013 OK - 100%

The graph of Availability/Performance on the Hosts Home Page shows data only for last 5 hours. Is it possible to a Day-wise report for a certain period?

Right now the report gives a cumulative compilation of data. Any suggestions?
slansing

Post by slansing »

Ah, Date-wise makes more sense than Data-wise :).

To view a full 24 hour day's report you should be able to simply select "Today" From the Report's "Peroid" dropdown, then set this report to be sent at the end of the day and will include all the information parsed for that period.

You could also select "24 Hours" for this. As far as I know you can not go back and ask for a full month's report separated into different days. You could however, "providing the data is still available" select past days via the custom date selection fields and then download those reports separate.