NagVis filterGroup

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kiplingm

NagVis filterGroup

Post by kiplingm »

Hi,

Having issues with the filterGroup function in NagVis running on my NagiosXI install.

While the rest of AutoMap works brilliantly, when I set it to use filterGroup if shows only my localhost (NagiosServer).

Pretty sure the parent piece is setup correctly as the rest of my 200+ hosts flow perfectly from parent to child to grandchild, etc.

Specific example is trying to use my hostgroup "switches", which I would expect would show only my switches, but instead shows only localhost. Yes, the hostgroup has members that show up in the hostgroup grid.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Kipling
mguthrie

Re: NagVis filterGroup

Post by mguthrie »

You might have to look up the documentation from the NagVis website, since it's a 3rd party/community addon, we actually don't know all of the ins and outs of that software.

http://www.nagvis.org/
kiplingm

Post by kiplingm »

I do not intend the following to seem snarky, but funny you should mention that - I actually started there. Reviewed the documentation and then went to the NagVis forum in the Nagios Portal. I explained my issue there and asked advice. One of the board users, while generally helpful, did get a dig in that since I'm a Nagios XI user and paying for support I should be asking here (instead?).

I definitely get that it's 3rd party software - I just figured that perhaps someone else had similar experiences - or a working instance where filterGroup does work.
kiplingm

Post by kiplingm »

Bumping this in the hopes that some fellow Nagios XI user (or the support group themselves) that uses NagVis would be willing to test filterGroup functionality.