Error 404 HTTP not found

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
slansing

Re: Error 404 HTTP not found

Post by slansing »

That was tried on page one, and I believe once before in the three similar threads leading up to this one.
devilsguest

Post by devilsguest »

Do you have any one who support post installation issues.....Because this is the thing that I am doing for my Office. I want to do it myself instead of handing it over to someone.Hope, my posts might be irritating you but it's just my fascination to work on nagios and it's configs.

Thanks
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

This really is not post install related. This is most definitely install-related. You grabbed the apache source instead of installing from repos which means you need a bunch of modules and php and system config. This is not a fast route to a working install. If you need this up and working for your office, you should look at provisioning a new box (or wiping this one) and starting with a clean system. Install the nagios dependencies from your repos as much as possible (including apache). That is how you originally had it 3 threads ago and you were only having problems with htpasswd and vhosts (the final steps to a working apache setup). So you were close. I fear that, as of now, you are much, much farther away from a working install. Building apache from source for software like nagios takes quite a bit of work: you need to get the right modules, write your own configs, set up permissions, install and configure php, etc. It most definitely can be done, but it is not suggested for those who are unfamiliar with apache and nagios.

My suggestions would be to start over, or at least install apache from the repos. If you want to continue to attempt to set up apache from source, the apache community is a better place for the help you will most definitely need.

We do what we can to support each and everyone, but some communities are better for certain types of help.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
devilsguest

Post by devilsguest »

Got you, Thank you very much for your patience. I am sorry to bug you for longer time and doubts which we couldn't reslove. Appreciate your information :) .
devilsguest

Post by devilsguest »

I have a quick question. Can we configure nagios using any other webservers....like IHS or IIS
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

No. I have heard of people running it in nginx, but they also have to run apache along side of it for the cgis. As nagios runs on linux, and the frontend relies heavily on access to the backend, non-linux solutions are right out.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.