I have a strange bug...

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ruffsense

I have a strange bug...

Post by ruffsense »

I added all my service check to the new nagios core server.

Nagios 3.5.0
Centos 6.4

Everthing works fine but i have a big issue. When i go to the http://localhost/nagios/cgi-bin/status. ... ustypes=28 and it refresh about 5 times i get the Internal server error.
I checked the /var/log/messages found nothing. I checked the nagios.log and the error_log + access_log. Could not find anything. Can anyone help me out are point me to the wright direction?
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: I have a strange bug...

Post by abrist »

Are these back to back refreshes, or is there some wait between the refreshes? I Presume you are experiencing a '500 Internal Server Error", is this correct? Does the error persist once you receive it, or does refreshing again work ok?
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
ruffsense

Post by ruffsense »

Normal refresh won't work, but when i do a ctrl + F5 then it works again. Update is every 120 seconds.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

What browser is this happening in? Have you verified that another browser or computer is having the same issues? I am personally unable to replicate the issue. Also are you going to that link directly or just the service problem page within normal nagios interface?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
ruffsense

Post by ruffsense »

I tried it on many other computers. It seems that it is getting unstable if you have more then 2000 service checks in nagios. The only page with the problem is the service problem page.
slansing

Post by slansing »

Are your apache processes under unusual load? Or the server as a whole? We have not heard any reports from others with 2,000 > services with a similar issue. But it is with the service problem page only? ...intriguing.