statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi could not be found

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mregis

statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi could not be found

Post by mregis »

It seems that I am missing the "statusmap.cgi" and "trends.cgi" "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/" location.

The statusmap.cgi is used for the Map link and the trends.cgi is used for the Trends link both located on the left hand side of the menu.

Does anyone know how i can re-install the statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi or try to reapply both files back into the proper location?
I did a search on my redhat 5.4 server and could not locate both files.

I also searched the Internet for the same type of problem and notice it is common...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

M
mmestnik

Re: statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi could not be found

Post by mmestnik »

These should be provided by your distribution, if you built from source perhaps you were missing build dependencies.

Check the output on './configure' or './config.log', some times ./config.cache' for more information.
Technospyder

Post by Technospyder »

To bump the post, finding the same problems. Using Ubuntu 11.04 and 3.2.3 along with the latest main plugin 1.4.15 and get the same error messages. It keeps pointing to the nagios/cgi-bin folder but that doesn't exist. I went through the install steps for the Ubuntu but to get the trends and statusmap do I need a different plug in from the main too?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Did you install from source or apt?
cappie

Post by cappie »

Having the same problem here..

statusmap.cgi and trends.cgi haven't been built..

all the others seem to work though...