Status Information "SNMP OK"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jrob27

Status Information "SNMP OK"

Post by jrob27 »

I have recently implemented an instance of Nagios Core 3.2.3. I have been successful in monitoring most of my infrastructure. I am monitoring ports on my switch through the use of the following syntax:

define service{
use generic-service ; Inherit values from a template
host_name cisco-switch
service_description Port 10 Link Status
check_command check_snmp!-C public -o ifOperStatus.10110 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB
}

This port shows as administratively down, line protocol is down (disabled) on the interface from within the switch. Inside of Nagios, the port shows as "OK" in the Status column under the Service Status section-and shows a "SNMP OK-2" status under "Status Information." I know by Nagios definitions, this means the port is down. My question is this...is there anyway to make the status say something other than "OK" under the status section? Or maybe at least change the color from bright green to maybe yellow or red? This would make it a lot easier for troubleshooting. I'm sure there is a simple answer to this. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

-J
xiangyongit

Re: Status Information "SNMP OK"

Post by xiangyongit »

i have some issue in port monitor, who can help me to troubleshooting,thanks
and i fond check_ifstatus.pl or check_snmp_int_v1.pl also is a way to monitor the interface,but how can i do to apply it?
xiangyongit

Post by xiangyongit »

hi sir :

have you resolved the issue, i have some problem.
i also know check_snmp_int_v1.pl and check_ifstatus.pl is another way to monitor the switch interface,but i don't know how to apply it
can you help me
thanks in advance.
Lahn

Post by Lahn »

I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out, and it seems the check_snmp plugin is bugged as of lastest version 1.4.15, and regardless of what -r <regex> you supply, it returns "SNMP OK".
Version 1.4.14 works fine.

http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-user ... 35042.html
has a solution on how to solve it if you don't want to downgrade.