nagios 4.0 core with graphing

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mashtin

nagios 4.0 core with graphing

Post by mashtin »

I've been using nagios with nagiosgraph for a while but it seems that
with nagios 4.0, embedded perl support has been removed which seems
to break any type of graphing.

What are other people doing about this?

Is it possible to use nagiosgraph outside of nagios? Something like cron that runs
ssh nagios@myhost "check_load -w1.,2.,3. -c4.,5.,6." | $NAGIOSROOT/nagiosgraph/insert.pl
or something? I'm probably missing some parameters for insert.

Thanks
Coss

Re: nagios 4.0 core with graphing

Post by Coss »

Im moved from Nagiosgraph to PNP4nagios when I moved to Nagios 4.0 Core. It's a bit tricky to get around the template usage of PNP4nagios but once you get a hang of it it's really easy and gives great ways to customize graphs. http://www.pnp4nagios.org/

You should be able to use Nagiosgraph standalone as long as the output is inserted correctly into a perflog file as stated in nagiosgraph.conf on the line perflog = /var/nagios/perfdata.log
You also need to make sure that the output is in the correct format according to the rules in the "map" file in Nagiosgraph so that the regexp can make sense of it.

If you are going to move away from using Nagios combined with Nagiosgraph then maybe it's easier to use a standalone tool like RRDTool to create the graphs http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: nagios 4.0 core with graphing

Post by sreinhardt »

I would agree with Coss, aside from that nagiosgraph is far depricated and really should no longer be used. I would highly suggest switching to pnp as Coss suggested. PnP, does use RRDtool to store data, fyi.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.