check_logfiles does not seem to work

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Mr. Vitriol

check_logfiles does not seem to work

Post by Mr. Vitriol »

Hi,
I'm slowly getting a grip on nagios and it's various functions. The newest task, I set for myself, is monitoring logfiles using check_logfiles, because we use logrotation on several servers. My Problem is, that the plugin does not seem to work.

I dowloaded the file, unpacked it and used

Code: Select all

configure && make && make install
Afterwards I have the check_logfiles plugin where it should be, at /usr/local/nagios/libexec but the file is only 35B big and contains only

Code: Select all

#! /usr/bin/perl -w
# nagios: -epn
When I execute the check via
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_logfiles --logfile=/var/log/syslog --criticalpattern='terminated'
as a test I get nothing back.

Is the check compiled right? Or is the installation broken? And if so, what can I do?
vae victis
slansing

Re: check_logfiles does not seem to work

Post by slansing »

If you re-compile, do you see any errors? Does it complete properly?
Mr. Vitriol

Post by Mr. Vitriol »

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunatley urgent problems keep me buisy in the moment. I was not able to follow your hint. I will get back to it as fast as I can.
vae victis
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

ok, let us know when you get a chance.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.