cannot see check_ldap and check_ldaps in /libexec

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
abhijitnt

cannot see check_ldap and check_ldaps in /libexec

Post by abhijitnt »

Hello All,
I just compiled Nagios Core 4.0.2 and nagios-plugin-1.5 on solaris 10 intel64 successfully but when I tried to use check_ldap and check_ldaps not able to find in libexec, no error was given at the time of compilation I used following commands to install plugins
./configure --prefix=/opt/app/q1ccr1c23/nagios4 --enable-perl-modules --with-nagios-user=q1ccr1c23 --with-nagios-group=q1ccr1c23
make
make install

PFA output of ./configure and make install for your reference, would like to know did I miss something while installing? please help in getting that plugin installed
Attachments
nagios.txt
output of ./configure and make install
(14.58 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
tmcdonald

Re: cannot see check_ldap and check_ldaps in /libexec

Post by tmcdonald »

Just to make certain, and I apologize if this is an obvious question, but are you looking in /libexec or /usr/local/nagios/libexec?
Former Nagios employee
abhijitnt

Post by abhijitnt »

Hi
I have installed nagios in ~/nagios4 and nothing in /usr/local/nagios, I do see other plugins there but not check_ldap and check_ldaps.

% ls -l ~/nagios4/libexec/check_* | wc -l
Also if you see the attachment you will see the make install is not coping check_ldap to libexec so not sure whats wrong here.
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

When you run ./configure, grep stdout for ldap, you may be missing some libraries - for example:

Code: Select all

configure: WARNING: Skipping LDAP plugin
configure: WARNING: install LDAP libs to compile this plugin (see REQUIREMENTS).
checking for main in -lldap... no

Code: Select all

./configure | grep ldap
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
abhijitnt

Post by abhijitnt »

Thanks Abrist,
did exactly what you told and found following packages are missing and ldap is one of them, thanks a lot for pointing on this.... :) will install from our Solaris SA and re-compile.

configure: WARNING: Skipping PostgreSQL plugin (check_pgsql)
configure: WARNING: LIBS="-lcrypt " CPPFLAGS=" -D_REENTRANT"
configure: WARNING: install PostgreSQL libs to compile this plugin (see REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Skipping dbi plugin
configure: WARNING: install DBI libs to compile this plugin (see REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Skipping radius plugin
configure: WARNING: install radius libs to compile this plugin (see REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Skipping LDAP plugin
configure: WARNING: install LDAP libs to compile this plugin (see REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Skipping check_ide_smart plugin.
configure: WARNING: check_ide_smart works only on Linux and NetBSD
configure: WARNING: Skipping mysql plugin
configure: WARNING: install mysql client libs to compile this plugin (see REQUIREMENTS).
configure: WARNING: Get lmstat from Globetrotter Software to monitor flexlm licenses
configure: WARNING: Tried /usr/bin/perl - install Net::SNMP perl module if you want to use the perl snmp plugins
configure: WARNING: Get qstat from http://www.activesw.com/people/steve/qstat.html in order to make check_game plugin
configure: WARNING: Get fping from http://www.fping.com in order to make check_fping plugin
configure: WARNING: Could not find qmail-qstat or eqivalent
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

Wonderful. Sometimes the stdout/err logs get a bit long in the tooth and important notices get missed. Best of luck and happy compiling!
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.