SourceGuardian Error

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
macranes

Re: SourceGuardian Error

Post by macranes »

We aren't running SSL and there isn't a proxy. If I go to just the server's IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, i get the apache confirmation page. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/nagiosfusion gives me the database error.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Ok, we're got a tech checking on this as we speak, so we'll let you know the results.
rdedon

Post by rdedon »

Unfortunately I had a small snag (something different not related to the product) with the install so having to redo some things and will most likely have a better result by tomorrow. I will post results here and most likely have a few questions.
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Web: http://www.nagios.com
rdedon

Post by rdedon »

I am marking this as a bug as we are working on this right now and expect to have it fixed shortly hopefully.
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
macranes

Post by macranes »

Hello, thanks again for you help. I have fusion up and running but are now getting errors when adding Nagios Core servers. I couldn't find any documentation in regards to these errors.

on the XI server: i have set to session authentication which gives "AUTH BAD" error but it brings in the data from the XI server correctly.

On the core server: I set it to session authentication and gives a "AUTH BAD" error and doesn't display data. I change to basic authentication and the authentication is OK but then gives: "Unable to find the required Nagios Core XML CGI" error on the tactical overview.

what can I do to fix these errors. should i put this as a new post in the blog?

thanks-
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

Hello, thanks again for you help. I have fusion up and running but are now getting errors when adding Nagios Core servers. I couldn't find any documentation in regards to these errors.
For Core to work with Fusion, I don't know the exact steps off hand, but I know that one of the cgi's needs to be recompiled to allow the data to be accessed with XML. I'll see what I can find out for that. We're looking to improve/simplify this process in the near future.
on the XI server: i have set to session authentication which gives "AUTH BAD" error but it brings in the data from the XI server correctly.
I checked on this, and this looks like a bug in our new XI release. We'll have it fixed in the next update. Thanks for the heads up!
On the core server: I set it to session authentication and gives a "AUTH BAD" error and doesn't display data. I change to basic authentication and the authentication is OK but then gives: "Unable to find the required Nagios Core XML CGI" error on the tactical overview.
As mentioned above, this requires recompiling one of the cgi's. Let me see what I can find out on this because we need to write up a doc on this anyway.
macranes

Post by macranes »

Thank you, I appreciate the help. Let me know when the document is complete so that I can test the changes that need to be made.
rdedon

Post by rdedon »

We will definitely keep you posted on this :-)
Rene deDon
Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC