mouse-over resolves ip on some pages, but not others

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
tecnalb

mouse-over resolves ip on some pages, but not others

Post by tecnalb »

Just curious. I noticed that using a default static that IPs will resolve. But if I select one of those IPs and drill down, there is no resolution. Will this be enhanced a bit?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: mouse-over resolves ip on some pages, but not others

Post by sreinhardt »

Do the non-static IPs have a or c records created on your dns server?
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
tecnalb

Post by tecnalb »

I understand that a record needs to be present. My observation was with a public IP.

If I am on the summary page, and I mouse over 208.85.46.21 is bubbles up as a pandora.com hostname. If I click that IP, which drills me down to the Query page, when I hover over that same IP it does not resolve.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Could you give us some print screens so we know exactly what you mean. I will have to talk with the devs and see if this is intended or not.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
tecnalb

Post by tecnalb »

Really, if you just go to the reports tab, and attempt to hover over a source IP, you won't see any DNS resolution. It seems to only work on the Summary tab, at least for me.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

You are correct - this functionality hasn't been added to the Nagios NA yet - you would not see any DNS resolution under the "Reports" tab. I will be filing an internal feature request for adding this functionality.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tecnalb

Post by tecnalb »

Great addition! Thanks!