NRPE have a 1024 output size, should be 4k according to spec

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tmcdonald

Re: NRPE have a 1024 output size, should be 4k according to

Post by tmcdonald »

I'll have to test that internally, but even if the patch itself doesn't work with 2.15 we can probably make the changes manually. Not sure about any ramifications (As the article mentioned Windows clients screwing up with the patch) but if it works in your specific situation I say go for it.
Former Nagios employee
littlesandra88

Post by littlesandra88 »

I only have Linux hosts, so an updated version of the patch for 2.15 would be perfect for me =)
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I can maybe take a look at that at home over the weekend. That was technically a patch from a competitor so I can't say 100% that their code is the same, but at the very least I might be able to cherry-pick the changes. I'm kinda interested in this one personally so I'll poke around over the weekend on it.
Former Nagios employee
littlesandra88

Post by littlesandra88 »

That would be amazing if you could adapt it =)

I am not familiar with the other company, but it seams that they use your NRPE out of the box?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

littlesandra88 wrote:That would be amazing if you could adapt it =)
Sadly it seems I am not that good :(

I took out all the changes line by line and found where they should go in the 2.15 source, recompiled and everything seemed to check out. No compile errors. When I go to run it I get the "Could not complete SSL handshake" error and all the usual fixes don't cut it. This is a bit above my abilities at the moment. I'll update the bug report to say that my changes did not work on your system and the patch will need some review to work.

Unfortunately with how close we are to the 2014 XI release our devs are somewhat busy with that, so I can't say when/if this will be implemented.
littlesandra88 wrote:I am not familiar with the other company, but it seams that they use your NRPE out of the box?
That's very likely, although they probably made some changes as per the patch you posted. It's called the Nagios Remote Plugin Executor for a reason :)
Former Nagios employee
littlesandra88

Post by littlesandra88 »

Thanks a lot for giving it a try and spending all this time it. I am really happy for that, as I wouldn't be able to do it myself =)
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

You've very welcome. I can certainly let you know when/if this gets updated.
Former Nagios employee
littlesandra88

Post by littlesandra88 »

That would be great. Thanks =)
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

For now I'm going to lock the thread so we can keep our "reply to" dashboard clean, but I'll open it back up if anything comes up.
Former Nagios employee